Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Caterpillar Dreaming

I never dreamed I would fall in love with such a wild and inhospitable landscape nor feel that childhood tug of seeing the world with fresh eyes while standing in front of it as a 35 year old woman. How had I never seen this before, this landscape, it's people, this spiritual place? There is no way to describe the scale of it. Words and photographs fail me - the sheer emptiness of the landscape, dotted with mountain-scapes and rock formations reminiscent of moon voyages. Then there is that red dirt, I still can't bring myself to wash the stuff out of my sneakers. 
Caterpillar Dreaming / Alice
Standley Chasm
Simpsons Gap
Kata Tjuta / Valley of the Winds Trail
Sunrise / Uluru
Rock Painting / Uluru
Kings Canyon
The Garden of Eden / Kings Canyon
Trephina Gorge / East MacDonnell Ranges

No comments: