Sunday, May 8, 2011

Doughnuts

I've been wanting to try my mum's recipe for doughnuts for the longest time and finally got around to it today. Unfortunately, there is no photographic evidence of my labour. It was late in the day when I got started and by the time I had filled half with pasty cream it was dark outside. Bomboloni have to be my all time favourite sweet. Saint Johns Bakery in London still has the best I have ever eaten, and will probably remain so until I return. As to my effort, a ten out of ten by my sister and a superb from my niece was high praise indeed. I've been staying at a friends this week, so perhaps I'll have to whip some up to say thanks. So, here are some other things I've been working on and looking at. My yarn has arrived and I've been lusting after so many of the interiors in Handcrafted Modern. Thanks Rowan and Saan.    


1 comment:

sampling said...

What beautiful colours from Avril! Can't wait to see what you do with the yarn?